Finally a healthy snack for those little…and big ones at home!
Fruit and Nut Bar Recipe
Yield: 20 Bars
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Adapted into a no-bake nutella bar from recipe found in Sunset Magazine. Substitute any preferred dried fruits or nuts you like best.
- 2 c puffed Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 c Dried Apricots, cut in quarters (Cherries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Apricots, Apples, ect.)
- 1 c Dried Tart Cherries
- 1 1/2 c Roasted Almonds *see note 1 for roasting raw almonds (or other preferred Nut)
- 1/2 c chopped Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
- 2 T unsalted Butter
- 2 T packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/4 c Nutella
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Line an 8″x8″ pan with foil and lightly butter foil.
- In a large bowl combine puffed brown rice cereal, dried fruits, almonds, and chocolate. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, honey, and nutella over medium heat until butter melts, whisking until mixture is smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until completely coated.
- Spread into prepared 8″x8″ pan and press firmly down. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top of bars. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using the foil, lift bars out of pan. Cut in half, then cut into preferred bar width.
*Note 1: Roasting Raw Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread raw almonds out in a sheet pan. Roast for 12 minutes or until lightly browned and aromatic.
All images and words belong to White On Rice Couple