Heat oven to 350*
Mexican Chocolate Cake:
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix( I prefer Duncan Hines but any brand is fine)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 package of Chocolate instant pudding
- 1 additional egg
Dulce de Leche Buttercream Frosting:
- 2 softened sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of prepared Dulce de Leche
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
Step 1- Mix together dry cake mix and instant pudding. Prepare as instructed on the box and add additional egg. Add cinnamon and cayenne pepper to cake batter and mix well.
Step 2-Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan til about 2/3 full.
Step 3- Bake cupcakes as directed on the box, if toothpick test approved, remove cupcakes from the oven and let cool.
Step 4- Frost when completely cooled.
Step 1- Cream together butter and dulce de leche.
Step 2- Once blended, add powdered sugar. (For thick frosting add all powdered sugar at once, for smoother frosting, add powdered sugar gradually)