Heat oven to 325*
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Step 1- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
Step 2- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Maple Buttercream Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup maple or pancake syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
In small bowl, beat butter and syrup until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.