These are a really cute idea for a get together. If you put only one “meatball” on per cupcake and serve a bunch on a tray it looks like a HUGE bowl of spaghetti!
- 12 baked and cooled vanilla cupcakes
- Homemade or store bought classic vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup low sugar strawberry preserves (low sugar has the best color)
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 12 hazelnut chocolates (Ferrero Rocher), unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons grated white chocolate plus additional chunk for garnish
Step 1-Tint the vanilla frosting with the cocoa powder and yellow food coloring. Spread a thin layer of tinted frosting on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter, touching.
Step 2-Spoon the remaining tinted frosting into a ziplock bag. Snip a small corner from the bag. Now have fun piping the frosting all over the cupcakes to make the noodles. Make sure to pile it high and have some of the frosting hang over the edges of the cupcakes.
Step 3-Toss the hazelnut chocolates with the strawberry preserves in a medium bowl to coat. Spoon some of the preserves on top of each cupcake. Place a hazelnut chocolate on top of each cupcake, and one on the platter. Top cupcakes with the remaining strawberry preserves.
Step 4-Sprinkle the grated white chocolate over the cupcakes.