Come join the Sweet Little Thang Family!!!
Sweet Little Thang wants to help kick 2014 off in a healthy way! Doesn’t always have to be sugar packed to be delicious. How about making your own granola bars! So easy and fantastic for you to snack on!
You can substitute with any dried fruit or nut of your choice. Also feel free to use some more add ins to your liking!
Cranberry and Walnut Granola Bars
You Will Need
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or wax paper. Then lightly oil or spray with cooking spray.
Toast Oats and Nuts
- In a Medium bowl, mix oats, walnuts and cinnamon together. Transfer the mixture to a small baking sheet then bake 5 minutes, stir and bake another 3 to 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour butter mixture in to bowl with oats mixture. Mix well. Let cool about 3 minutes then add cranberries. Stir to combine
- Transfer oat mixture to lined pan then use a rubber spatula or damp finger tips to firmly press the mixture into the pan. Press very firmly into the pan, so when they cool, they are tightly compacted to hold bar shape.
- Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove and cut into bars and enjoy!